1.0 Core Privacy and Data Protection Points
- User privacy and data protection are human rights
- We have a duty of care to the people within our data
- Data is a liability, it should only be collected and processed when absolutely necessary
- We loathe spam as much as you do!
- We will never sell, rent or otherwise distribute or make public your personal information
2.0 Relevant Legislation
Along with our business and internal computer systems, this website is designed to comply with the following national and international legislation with regards to data protection and user privacy:
- UK Data Protection Act 1988 (DPA)
- EU Data Protection Directive 1995 (DPD)
- EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR)
This site’s compliance with the above legislation, all of which are stringent in nature, means that this site is likely compliant with the data protection and user privacy legislation set out by many other countries and territories as well. If you are unsure about whether this site is compliant with your own country of residences’ specific data protection and user privacy legislation you should contact our data protection officer (details of whom can be found in section 9.0) for clarification.
3.0 Personal Information That This Website Collects and Why We Collect It
This website collects and uses personal information for the following reasons:
3.1 Site visitation tracking
Like most websites, this site uses server statistics to track user interaction. We use this data to determine the number of people using our site, to better understand how they find and use our web pages.
Although the server records data such as your geographical location, device, internet browser and operating system, none of this information personally identifies you to us.
3.2 Contact forms and email links
Should you choose to contact us using the contact form on our Contact us page or an email link, none of the data that you supply will be stored by this website or passed to / be processed by any of the third party data processors defined in section 6.0. Instead the data will be collated into an email and sent to us over the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP). Our SMTP servers are protected by TLS (sometimes known as SSL) meaning that the email content is encrypted using SHA-2, 256-bit cryptography before being sent across the internet. The email content is then decrypted by our local computers and devices.
4.0 How we store your personal information
5.0 About this website’s server
This website is hosted by EUK Host within a UK data centre.
Some of the data centre’s more notable security features are as follows:
- VPS server exclusively for our (Design Lynx Ltd - Owner of The Big Gift List) websites
- Email address and security PIN authentication
- SSL Encyption on all personal details
- All database engineers are fully trained to maintain and secure data in compliance with the most stringent industry regulations.
- Private data is secured using mod security rules and fool-proof physical, electronic and managerial procedures, and we backup shared servers to avoid data loss in case of disasters.
Full details of EUK Host’s data centre can be found here.
All traffic (transferral of files) between this website and your browser is encrypted and delivered over HTTPS.
6.0 Our third party data processors
This website does not use any third parties to process personal data on our behalf.
7.0 Data Breaches
We will report any unlawful data breach of this website’s database or the database(s) of any of our third party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.
8.0 Data Controller
The data controller of this website is: Design Lynx Limited, a UK Private limited Company with company number: 03955467
Whose registered and operating office is:
Design Lynx Ltd,
Newrella House Curtis Road,
9.0 Data Protection Officer
Mr. Jeremy Harrison
Director, Design Lynx Ltd.
Telephone: 01306 886 337
10.1 Change log